Saturday March 21, 2015 was a busy day for Phi Omicron Zeta chapter; the day began with the chapter meeting, followed by Zeta Rededication and culminated with the 2015 Finer Womanhood celebration. Soror Elisabeth Omilami was honored for continuing the legacy of her father, Brother Hosea Williams, in serving Atlanta's hungry, homeless and working poor through her organization, Hosea Feed the Hungry & Homeless (HFTHH). This Finer Womanhood program also served as a platform for this chapter’s second Social Action event, by not only recognizing the efforts of Soror Omilami’s organization, but also by highlighting the NAACP. The day offered an array of activities.
- The goal to raise $400.00 for HFTHH was exceeded by more than 100%. Soror Omilami was presented a check for $850.00 by Soror Dalphine Browder.
- As with each of this chapter’s programs, the Auxiliaries were fully engaged. Amica Kathy Maddox recited a moving poem on Service, and the Amicettes, along with their Advisors, Sorors Felicia Arnold and Marilyn Barton, performed an exciting and uplifting dance. Soror Omilami was so impressed with the Amicettes that she requested to attend one of their meetings and spend time getting to know them better. WOW!!
- The Newton County NAACP President, Dr. Gwendolyn Cattledge, delivered a moving speech that encouraged each person present to be involved in their communities and to consider membership with the NAACP.
- Soror Sandra Speaks brought awareness to Zeta's Social Awareness efforts and shared upcoming Phi Omicron Zeta community events.
- The keynote speaker, Soror Kathryn Williams, shared a memorable and insightful speech on the history of HFTHH and encouraged all to "go against the grain" to serve mankind.
- Phi Omicron Zeta also presented Soror Omilami with a silver and crystal Zeta bangle as a personal token of love and sisterhood. A reception and fellowship ended the day’s events.
This program was attended by the Georgia State Director, Soror Shaneesa Ashford, and Sorors from other chapters across the Metro Atlanta area as well as family and friends. What an exciting, inspirational and eventful day!!